Please scratch to reveal your coupon code!
Remember this? Surely your mind has recalled it, floating the images of the advertisements made by the brands such as Pepsi, Lays, Lux, Close-up and your elders, friends trying their luck out. These grabbed our attention without any merit.
But the ‘SCRATCH’ I’m going to talk today is not merely a lottery ticket, there’s much more to it. It is a free programming language which is more interactive than other programming languages like C, C++ or JAVA which helps you to visualize your logic in the best of the friendliest manner. It was developed by the MIT Media Lab Lifelong Kindergarten Group.
It is used to easily create your own interactive stories, animations, games, etc. It is a stepping stone to the advanced world of programming. It can also be used for a range of constructive purposes of education and entertainment from math and science projects, including simulations and visualizations, animated stories, interactive music and art.
Scratch is user-friendly which allows users to drive events by giving the user multiple active objects called ‘scripts‘. Sprites can be drawn in a simple editor that is part of Scratch, or can be imported from external sources. These scripts are usually movable objects. All important and complex programming concepts can be understood without much hurdle while using graphical, instruction blocks to make a sprite move, jump, dance or sing. It is a platform where you can enjoy expressing your imagination and creativity in a whole new dimension.
What will you do?
How will you do?
- Working on the editor is pretty simple. At the right of the editor there’s a simple tutorial.
- Follow the steps that will give you a kick-start with your first project
- Simply drag and drop the various blocks together to write the program.
- Now, run it just like any other traditional program but each and every block can be visualized easily.
Where will you do?
- You can do it in both the ways. You can either download the offline scratch editor or you can directly use the Online Editor.
What will you do with it?
- You can form a team, collaborate your work and share your creations with others in the online community.
What if you don’t have any idea to work on, No problem! you can remix other people’s ideas and take their projects to the whole new level.You can also explore the projects shared by others to get an inspiration.
Working collaboratively with the others in the online community is one of the essential skills in the 21st century and this is the best platform to begin with.