The world around us is full of crazy, bizarre things, most of which we fail to notice, given the intricacies, we deal with every day. But these small things are quite interesting and once we come to know of them, we start thinking. Let’s now take a quick look at some such super cool fun facts!
- Music affects the growth of plants for good. Research revealed that flowers grow faster in the presence of music.
- The scientific name for the Western lowland gorilla is Gorilla gorilla gorilla.
- A glass ball can bounce higher than a rubber one and you can notice it if the glass doesn’t break.
- In 1932, the Australian army waged war against emus. It is called the ‘Emu War’.
- It would only take one hour to reach space if you’re on a car flying at a speed of 60 miles an hour! The only problem is the non-availability of flying cars. Ron’s Ford Anglia, right!
- Ever wondered why pirates use a patch for their eyes? It is said that this is to help them improve their night-vision and let them fight in low light conditions.
- A kangaroo cannot hop if you lift its tail off the ground.
- A duckling takes anyone it sees most often for a few minutes after birth for its mother. It is also true in the case of new-born birds and mammals. The phenomenon is called ‘imprinting’.
- Search for the word ‘askew’ in Google. You will see the content tilted slightly to the right!
- If you have a pizza with radius Z and thickness A, its volume will be Pi*Z*Z*A.
Image sources: Creoclick, Wikipedia, Gadget Show Prizes, The Balance.